Friday, October 12, 2012

Paris Bits: Montmartre in the Rain

 
Yeah, yeah, shabby, overrated Montmartre is one of my favorite places in Paris; even if it's packed with pickpockets, although you have to pay to use the restroom of the cafe where you spent your last dime on 2 milliliters of coffee or your wage per hour for a small bottle of beer, I can't help loving it. Why? Here is my top 5:

   1. To me, Sacre Coeur is one of the most beautiful churches in the world. 
The Christmas service here must be extraordinary. I'll find out soon.
  

2. The stairs at Sacre Coeur may have given me the creeps, but I have to admit
they helped me stay in shape and offered stunning views of Paris. And a great place for picnics.
  



3. The crooked streets and shabby shacks are awfully romantic, but in the good sense.
   














4. There's good shopping, especially sweets-wise. And you can take lots of pictures inside 
the shops, nobody would mind. 
  







  
5. If the stairs that took you to Sacre Coeur haven't been enough, there's more of those
all over the place, going up and down the hills of Montmartre. 
Looking forward to my next round.






No comments:

Post a Comment