Saturday, September 29, 2012

What Did Katie Eat?

I very often wonder what Katie ate and how many wonderful pictures she took meanwhile. Because if there is a photographer that makes me crave all sorts of things I wouldn't normally crave (such as sweets for example), then that photographer is the one and only Katie Quinn Davies, mother of What Katie Ate blog and cookbook - Recipes and Other Bits and Bobs.

  
(c) Katie Quinn Davies, 2012.

This is what I think food photography is. I adore her pictures - they have a "natural, rustic, tactile and graphic quality", as she herself describes them. Here's a sample:
    
Katie Quinn Davies at work. (c) Katie Quinn Davies, 2012.
  
And the result - just awesome. (c) Katie Quinn Davies, 2012.
More pictures on her blog - What Katie Ate - my favorite in the Culinary Photography category.

No comments:

Post a Comment