Friday, July 1, 2011

My (Phở)-rst Morning in Saigon

I literally could not open my eyes this morning. It's our first morning in Saigon. We are so damn tired after an almost 24-hour journey from Romania to Turkey and then Vietnam. But it is so all worth it!

My first full day in Saigon started brilliantly. Chris went downstairs to bring me some coffee and came back with a huge tray with phở (yeah!), omelet, fluffy baguette, bananas, and coffee. Phở is mind blowing: so many flavors - garlic, ginger, lemongrass, cilantro, shallots; I think this is going to be my addiction here.

If this means breakfast, I am very curious what dinner is all about. Only 10 hours to go :D.

[caption id="attachment_1227" align="aligncenter" width="640" caption="My craving for the past 6 months."][/caption]



[caption id="attachment_1229" align="aligncenter" width="640" caption="View from our room - De Tham St."][/caption]

2 comments:

  1. felicitari si sa aveti o experienta placuta in Vietnam. sper ca o sa relatati experientele voastre cit mai des. ce lucrati, care a fost ocazia sa veniti in Vietnam? mai multe detalii la jurnalul vostru, va rog. imi place ca sinteti aventurieri si sper sa citesc si impresiile voastre care cred ca vor fi mai diferite decit ale celorlati de alte nationalitati.
    Numai bine,
    Mike California

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saigon ExperienceJuly 3, 2011 at 9:27 AM

    multumim. va tinem la curent zilnic de acum inainte. lucram la universitate aici; si asta va fi o experienta in sine. :)

    ReplyDelete